Monday, January 17, 2011

Snowshoe Trails

Well, this winter it isn't just about the skiing.  My first new winter experience was going Snowshoeing.  Definitely not a winter sport option in Brisbane, and not something I have ever wanted to do on my 5 day long snow holidays, where as much downhill as possible was all I ever wanted!
Learning to snowshoe was brief, all I had to do was be my clusmy self, and all of a sudden in the middle of Sun Peaks there was nothing else but us and the trees....


Adventure Centre Staff
 
Since first trying Snowshoes, I have taken the opportunity to start exploring some of the trails in Sun Peaks.  This has lead to some interesting photo opportunities and some amazing views of Sun Peaks from a different perspective.





  
 Black Capped Chickadees at the bird feeding station



Squirrel!!!!

Snowshoe Hare tracks
  

Mt Tod seen from above Fairways Drive



Cedars (i think?) on Mt Morissey

Following the trail....

I'm glad its winter!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad its winter too - they look like very nasty claws indeed!! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Years!! You certainly have some beautiful photos!! Looking forward to the next instalment of 'getting piste'!!!

    ReplyDelete