Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Home for the winter!

After some big fun days in Seattle and a nice quiet night in Vancouver, it was time to board yet another plane and head to Kamloops, in the interior of British Columbia.  Timing is everything... I was sitting next to a Kamloops local who was returning home.  He actually was on a flight which tried to get to Kamloops the day prior, and after spending a night in Calgary, had flown back to Vancouver to try again to get home.  Ironically, it was perhaps the smoothest flight I have ever had into that airport.

I was greeted at Kamloops airport with the wonderful smile of MS and more snow on the ground.  $250 worth of essentials, groceries and booze later - it was finally time to head up the hill.


Kamloops Region


Uphill to Sun Peaks


Edge of Sun Peaks



Welcome note
 
 Have you ever considered just what you need to bring for a winter in a ski resort........


 After a wonderful pizza dinner with the girls, I then returned home to completely unpack EVERYTHING, staying up till 1am.  Jet Lag can sometimes be a bonus!

I'm settled, unpacked and moved in.  And I brought a little bit of home essentials with me.....and tim-tams, iced vo-vos, caramello koalas, shapes, minties, bundy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! I missed thi spost for some reason!! $250 in shopping is a pretty good effort!! Love the Aussie flag on the door!!! I will have too keep my eyes peeled so I don't miss any other posts!!

    ReplyDelete